Monday, September 1, 2008

Show Low Triathlon

Well, this post is long overdue... We went to Show Low a couple weeks ago with our really good friends, the Comefords. Eric and Cameron competed in a sprint triathlon. They rocked that race! They started out swimming 625 meters, then biked 13 miles, and ran 3 miles. Eric finished the race in 1 hr. and 27 min.! He has only done Olympic triathlons so he really enjoyed doing the sprint. I was so proud of him! Bethany and I were the devoted cheerleaders. We are probably the best cheerleaders ever. :) Yeah, I missed Eric getting out of the pool (apparently he was the 2nd one out) and when he transitioned from the biking to the running. I was talking a little too much and wasn't paying attention. Oops!

This is Eric and Cameron before the race. Sorry ladies, I didn't get any pictures of them without their shirts on wearing their skin tight swim shorts. Bummer!


Bethany and I taking a time out from doing all of our cheers and cartwheels.

Who rocks the jukebox? They don't even look tired!
What a stud!

Taking time to pose with my sweaty man!





7 comments:

Liz said...

Way to go Eric!!
I have two friends that competed in that very same race. It looks like a lot of fun.

Jeff and Sarah Flint Family said...

Congrats Eric! I like the sprints the best! Mom was bragging about how good you did. Kami aren't you doing one this month to? I am excited to hear how that one goes to!

When Two Became One said...

Hey Kami, congrats on the race. Hope things are going GREAT for you guys!! I got your blog off of Liz's blog :-)

Erica Hanks said...

That's so awesome! Congrats!

The Dipo's said...

Way to go! I couldn't have done it!

Jenny Lynn said...

Dang... how fun! I can't wait to hang out soon, we miss you guys so much!

When Two Became One said...

Ok lady... so you totally need to give me your phone number so I can invite you to our group dates that we go on with all of our married friends. My phone number is 480-252-0040. I hope we see you soon :-) We're going on a group date this next Friday or Saturday.