Monday, September 15, 2008

Murder Mystery Party


Eric and I were house sitting for the family I work for and since their home is humongous we decided to take advantage of the space and host a Murder Mystery Dinner Party. We shopped at the D.I. to find the right attire for our character, which was lots of fun. You can find so many "interesting" pieces at the D.I. Since I can't sew I asked one of my Laurels in Young Women's if she could help me out and make the pants I got into peddle pushers. (Capri's) She did an awesome job. If I couldn't get her to help me I was going to cut them myself
and use staples to hem them.
We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and had ice cream sundaes. It was fun to see everyone get in the spirit of the game and become their character. You get to interrogate everyone while making accusations and call people names. It was great!!! I would have to say that it was a successful party and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

Of course I forgot my camera so I'd like to thank Jami and Dallas for bringing theirs so I could have pictures to post on my blog. It was set in the year 1959 and Tom (the man that is murdered) is having us all over for a B.B.Q. A sudden rainstorm hits and we all run inside. When the storm subsides we go outside to find that Tom has been MURDERED and one of us did it! Duh duh duhhhhhh.....



Our characters were,

Johnny Angel: A mechanic who can fix anything on wheels.
Barby Q: the dazzling "blond" divorcee. Come to find out she is a big hussy. Apparently I must do a good job at playing a hussy because the last time we participated in a murder mystery party my character was a hoochie. So I got into character as I posed with Johnny Angel.






Cameron and Bethany
Also know as

Chubby Cheddar:
A rock 'n' roll musician who's finally made it big.
Bobby Sox:
National Hula Hoop champion in 1958 and also is Tom's sweet little sister. ( Or is she?)
The picture to the right Cameron is rockin' out to his air guitar and Bethany is Hula Hooping with an imaginary Hula Hoop.



Dallas and Jami
Also known as
Ivan Spudnik:
A Russian rocket scientist who recently defected to America. He is also a drunk.
Tiara Diamond:
Tom's fiancee and Newly crowned Miss Kansas City.
Don't worry folks, Dallas is drinking IBC Rootbeer.



If anyone wants to borrow our game let me know.
You can only play it once so it's just sitting in our closet.

11 comments:

Sharrard Family said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I"m Eric's cousin Kortney BTW we should be bloggin buddies! :)IT would be fun to see how you and Eric are doing! I haven't seen you both in a long long time! :)

CeeJ said...

I *LOVE* Murder Mystery Dinners!
We can trade if you want to do another one! I have a Roswell Alien one that I haven't tried out yet- it was a gag gift from a friend! I don't think any of the characters are hussy's... ;) So you may have to try out a new role!

Dick&Erica said...

I'm so jealous! I have always wanted to do a murder mystery. And you guys would be fun cuz you'd actually get into the characters.

Guess what, I just booked a plane ticket to come to AZ Oct. 7-21. Hooray! We need to play. I will call you soon! Miss you!

When Two Became One said...

Halloween Party!!! How fun, we would totally be down for that. Let us know when it is :-) oh yah I forgot, we're doing a big group date this friday if you guys want to go?

Liz said...

what a cute post, I appreciated the descriptions of the characters, sounds like a whole lotta fun.

The Dipo's said...

Fun Fun Fun!! I'm glad you finially made it to our blog! :o) It's fun connecting like this. I have always wanted to do a Murder Mystery Dinner, but I don't know where to buy the game! Where did you get yours? If we lived closer to each other I'd be asking to borrow it, but that is impossible at the moment. Hope you guys are doing well!

Jeff and Sarah Flint Family said...

How fun!!!! I have done those before and had a blast. I need to talk you into mailing it to me and maybe we could do a small Halloween party to! Not that it would be much of a party without you! Its so much fun to see what you are up to! I get so excited whenever I see a post or comment from you on our blog! I'm lame, I know, I don't have much to look forward to, the highlight of my day is usually when Gabe remembers to flush the toilet!

Stan and Jamie said...

Looks like so much fun!! Did Kayla sew your pants for you? Cute post!

Tami Ray said...

Hey, I accidentally found your page. I was looking at a friends of a friends and saw your names so thought I would see if its you. Lisa has told me several times that I should talk to you about adoption stuff to see if it helps. I told her you could call me anytime. How is that going? The waiting part is so hard. Feel free to talk to me about anything!

Tami
http://therays2000.blogspot.com/

Erica Hanks said...

What a blast! I love all the costumes! Fun!

mY dEwDrOpS said...

awww!! i'm so sad we missed it! somehow your parties are planned on the weekends cory's working! i really wanted to go! we need to play again soon!