Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Weekend Gettaway

Last Friday Eric took me away to a resort in Scottsdale for our 5 year anniversary. It was so nice! He surprised me by taking me to a 4 diamond restaurant that was at the resort. We walk in and I already feel out of place. The waiter pulls out my chair and places the napkin on my lap. I couldn't help but giggle with a huge grin on my face. Each course was phenomenal! Everyone around probably could tell that this was our first time dining in a place like that. Each dish they brought out I was like, "Whoa! How cool is this?" or "Oh, my goodness! Hunny, try this!" They had a man playing an acoustic guitar the entire time. He was playing a bunch of familiar songs, which got me really excited. I was trying so hard not to sing along. Eric would kindly remind me that there is to be no singing. He had to remind me a few times.
The next morning we rented bikes and went for a bike ride on some trails. The trail was on a golf course and it was beautiful. We saw bunnies and baby ducks. It was such a fun ride. Then we got ready and Eric thought it would be fun to spend 5 hours at a dealership. We traded in our car and got more than what we owed on it, and got a great deal on another car. I guess it was worth the 5 hours. We got a dependable car with better gas mileage. No more worries about the Audi breaking down on us! Yea!
The rest of the weekend was fun and relaxing. We ordered pizza and watched Spongebob SquarePants. We went swimming and made up pool games. It was sad when we had to leave. I always hate going back to reality. It was nice to get out and enjoy each other. Sorry no pictures of this weekend. I am terrible at taking pictures!

11 comments:

Stan and Jamie said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! We definitely missed you on Sunday, there were 4 leaders and then Kayla and Tori, they LOVED IT!!! ;) You are so funny, I can just picture you in the restaurant...I bet it was so fun! That's exciting about your car too, yeah!

Bethany and Cameron said...

Your car is BEAUTIFUL! Way to go, Eric--planning a getaway--those are the best! And I'm glad you guys weren't wasting your time takin' pictures!

Erica Hanks said...

Happy Anniversary! What a blast! It's so nice to get away...especially when it doesn't take very long to get there!

Dick&Erica said...

I just love you! You and Eric are so fun...watching Spongebob and making up pool games. You should come stay with my kids for the summer. You're way more fun than me.

Is your new car cooler than your maroon Accord with the farting muffler?

And get some pictures on this blog! I need to see your beautiful mug.

Jeff and Sarah Flint Family said...

Wow sounds like so much fun! You guys are so cute! I cant wait to see you in a couple of weeks. We miss you guys. Gabe was telling me the other day that he missed Kami and wants to dance with her again!

Jenny Lynn said...

I am so glad you blog! I am addicted to blogging. We definitely need to get together soon. Happy Anniversary! Eric is such a good hubby taken you out all fancy! And I can't believe you are going to adopt, that is so amazing. We will be praying for it to happen sooner rather than later. Call me soon!

elizabeth said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you have a blog! Let's hang out so we can see your new car. :)

Liz said...

Of course I remember you Kami.
You guys were darling newlyweds in our ward and not look your celebrating your 5 year anniversary. I'm so glad you dropped by and boy does your husband treat you right!
I'll keep my eyes and ears open for adoption for you guys and hope too that it happens sooner than later for you two. Your an adorable couple.

Jami said...

Kami,
What a fun time. I am glad you guys are adopting we will be in this together. Let me know if you need any help. Call me sometime.

Jami

The Dipo's said...

Hey Kami!

This is Amanda (Eric's Cousin) I found your link through Sarah and Jeff's page. I hope you don't mind if I add your link to ours, being cousins and all, I don't think you guys have any objections. :o) I'm sorry to hear about your troubles getting pregnant, but it is nice to see that you are going about a different route. We will keep our prayers with you both and our ears open. Adoption is such a blessing. Happy Anniversery and I hope you had a great time in Idaho!

Tamara said...

Glad you had fun.