Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Moving On Up

We are officially Las Vegans! Woo Hoo! We have lived here for a week and 2 days. We left Mesa on Saturday, March 28th. My bff, Bethany drove down with us and flew back last Thursday. Having her here was such a blessing. I wish that she didn’t have to leave. But she has a family she has to “take care of”. :)
Some highlights and interesting moments during our first week in Vegas.
CAR RIDE WITH THE GIRLS (the kitties, Chauchy and Nermal)
Chauchy is on sedatives that were not strong enough. She cried almost the entire 6 hour drive. The ten minutes where she was quiet she was clawing and ramming her head into the front of the carrier. Fun, fun!
Nermal on the other hand was quiet besides the occasional threatening hisses, snorts, and growls. If you touched her carrier or came close to her carrier she would go ballistic and try to attack you. She’s precious.
MOVING IN
We are staying at the Meridian in room 228. Eric's company was kind enough to pay the rent, which I am so grateful for. Our studio apartment is fully furnished. It's very nice. I like how it's decorated. It has granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, and a nice size balcony for relaxing. They have fun amenities to keep me busy during the day. I really like it here.
Some pictures of our apartment.



CHAUCHY & NERMAL MOVING IN
When we first arrive Nermal runs and jumps into the bathtub while growling. Her eyes are huge and they are peering over the edge of the bathtub. Bethany tries to go calm her down and steps towards the bathtub; Nermal lunges out of the tub trying to attack her. Bethany is scared of Nermal for the rest of the night. Nermal chased Eric twice and tried to attack me once. No one is allowed near her for the rest of the night because she'll kill you.

Can you imagine this sweet kitty wanting to rip you apart?
Chauchy on the other hand is hiding in the corner of the closet. Her nose is pressed up against the wall like she is in time out. The closet corner is her favorite place for the next couple days. Chauchy liked to cry very loud in the mornings till I would pick her up and bring her into bed with me. That went on for a few days. She was also very clingy and would follow me EVERYWHERE.

When she's asleep that's when I can accomplish things in peace. She isn't following me around crying wanting to be held or walking underneath my feet.

The girls didn't get along for a few days. I don't know why.
Each time they saw one another they would hiss. Thankfully they are doing fine now. They are the best little buddies again.
Nermal is pleasant and Chauchy isn't so needy. Yeah!

THE SAN FRANSICO WARD (a.k.a. INSANE fransico ward)
It was fast and testimony meeting which for them that means “lets talk about myself” time. Keep in mind that each testimony was 10-15 minutes long. . The first lady got up and says “ALOHA!” And the congregation shouts “ALOHA!” back. She says she is here to REPORT about how she is doing, health wise. The next lady told us about her health history. From her diabetic coma to her glaucoma., and how she needs to eat better, and she likes to eat. Another lady talked about how she likes to think about astronauts. None of the “testimonies” born were related to something spiritual or directed back to a testimony. They simply were long, boring, pointless stories. The last guy was my favorite. He walked up with papers in his hands and starts to preach like the pastors and ministers on T.V. He was the “Holy, Hallelujah, can I get an Amen?” preacher. The thing is, what he was saying wasn’t making any sense; it led nowhere. The bishop had to finally interrupt his “sermon” and tell him that it’s way past time and he needs to close. Talk about awkward. Everyone was uncomfortable. Needless to say we only stayed for sacrament. We will now ward hop.

WALKING TO THE STRIP AND EXPLORING THE HOTELS
We went to the high-end fashion designer stores. No one ever approached us and asked if they could help us. Is it that obvious that we can’t afford a pair of socks from their stores? Well, we were sweaty and in our exercise clothes. I thought we were rockin' it.


BETHANY CONQUERS FEAR OF NERMAL, & BECOME BUDDIES.
Well, when Nermal wanted to be friends.

Nermal making herself comfortable on Bethany's luggage. I tried kicking her off but since Bethany and Nermal are tight, Bethany let her stay.
BABY STEPPING TO DRIVING
SCARY! I don’t like driving in places I don’t know, especially busy areas. I was just glad to have my buddy with me. Especially when we thought we were getting on the highway.

WEIRDO AT WAL-MART
Some random guy who is about our age comes up to us and says, “I don’t eat meat because I’m a vegetarian. I go to KFC and say, ‘Just because you work here doesn’t mean you have to eat the meat.’ I don’t want to get into it.” I smile politely and respond, “I don’t eat at KFC either.” (my reasons being different)
He then goes on saying something about babies.
We hurry and walk away and he is yelling, “LADY! LADY! LADY! LADY!”
I turn around, and he shouts, “Good for you!”

WATCHING NERMAL DRINK FROM THE TOILET
She is doing this on a daily basis.
I don't even think she drinks from her water bowl.
Our little lady. Who doesn't love pee pee water?

BETHANY'S ALLERGIES
She was a trooper! Never complained once. Poor thing couldn’t breath and was continuously sneezing because of her allergies to the kitties. She still wanted to love on the girls regardless. Again, thank you dear friend!


More fun activities:

HOUSE HUNTING

GETTING LOCKED OUT OF APARTMENT...TWICE IN THE SAME DAY

SHOPPING. LOTS OF SHOPPING

RELAXING IN THE SAUNA


I am very very relaxed. Can you tell?


Cookies were usually our healthy and nutritious breakfast

I was very sad when Bethany had to leave. Now that she has left I have to make an effort to get out and find things to keep me busy. If not I’ll watch t.v. all day and get depressed. It gets lonely. So if anyone wants to visit me please do!

Bethany, thank you again from the bottom of my heart, for everything.

12 comments:

Bethany and Cameron said...

Such a sweet post--except for my fat face in the pics...:( Okay, I love that pic of Nermal on my luggage cuz you do realize she's staring at me as if to say,"You tell her I can stay on your luggage or you'll pay later...":) Such a tender heart...:) I am sooooo happy I got to come to Vegas with you and I HATED leavin' you there.:( Just not right...love you so much!

Erica Hanks said...

Wow...scary ward! lol I'm happy you guys are getting settled in! Sounds like an adventure!

Jeff and Sarah Flint Family said...

Thats hilarious about the testimony meeting and the crazy guy in Walmart! We had a lady get up in our ward a little bit ago to tell us women not to worry now that she is single she wont steal any of our husband's.... what a relief! Bunch of crazies but they make life interesting huh!
Poor kitties, I'm glad they have toilet bowl water to keep them entertained!
Thats a nice apartment? How's the house hunting going? Any ideas on what your plans are? We are planning on coming up and playing with you guys this summer!

SBrooks said...

Seriously! That is called confestimony! Not testimony! Ergh! Some people! Glad you are well. You definitely are missed in Mesa, specifically the Page address!

The Dipo's said...

How fun! What a nice apt. too! I hope your kitties are still getting along and loving each other. :o) My aunt and Uncle (dad's side) live down there and have a great ward. We've been to it on occasion. If you want, email me and I'll get the name of the ward for you and directions to it. :o)

Sharrard Family said...

oh my gosh that was hilarious! What an adventure! Yeah I'd be creaped out in walmart and probably not go back! :) LOL
Yeah I know the thing about sitting on the couch and watching tv all day when you just move to a new place... I hope things go good for you! Good luck on the house hunt! :)

Lauren said...

Hey Ms Thang! We miss you already! Look at you, lifestyle of the rich and famous! We hope to visit sometime soon!! xoxo

Brad and Jessica Olsen said...

Hey lady, glad you made it. Um all that came to mind is I would have thrown the cats out the window if I was in that car. Um that testimony meeting is year round in the wards in Nebraska and also in Payson as I have experienced. Bring in some of that strong Mesa, AZ spirit. Love ya tons and I think your apartment is AWSOME!

CeeJ said...

Oh my gosh- too much fun!!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG! Everything was hilarious- from your psycho cats, to your ward experience, to walmart. CLASSIC. I can't wait to hear more about your Vegas adventures! By the way- your apartment is SO GORGEOUS!! HOLY COW!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
By the way- once you get settle in a little bit- it's time to join Facebook!! :) Miss you my friend!! I'm so glad we can keep in touch like this.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail" said...

Wow! You werent kidding I had a lot to catch up on :o) But guess what!?!? We are coming to vegas May 5-8th so while we are there we need to have dinner or something. Miss you!

JessiLeigh said...

You are a riot! Miss you here in Mesa, but it looks like as long as the cats are settled you should survive... and you sure arent roughing it! :) Enjoy, and know that youre missed!!

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you are having so much fun! your apt is so nice!! love ya