Tuesday, February 10, 2009

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

I have some exciting but sad news...We are moving.
Eric got a promotion to be the General Manager at the plant in Las Vegas. This all came very sudden. Two weeks ago his company told him that they were considering him and others to be the GM at the plant. The next day they offered Eric the job. Now they would like us
there in a week. A little stressful and overwhelming? Yes.
Last weekend we went to Vegas to check out the plant, look at homes, and check out the area. There are nice areas in Vegas once you are far from the strip. Many areas look like Mesa. It's scary and exciting all at once. I am excited to start a new chapter in life with Eric, own a home, have money (hooray!), then I am so sad to be leaving my family and friends. I am grateful that it is only Vegas and not Florida or Maine. Plane tickets are very cheap and it's not a
long drive. (hint, hint) One more thing, I want to say that I am very proud of Eric. He has worked extremely hard and has shown that he is more than qualified for this position. I have complete faith in him that he will manage the plant successfully and be a phenomanl GM.
I need to get back to packing. You should see our apt.; I have destroyed it.
I am incapable of keeping the place tidy while packing. I will be home packing all week so please stop by to say hi...and bye.:(

10 comments:

The Dipo's said...

That's great! Congratulations! The Vegas Temple is so beautiful inside, you'll love it. Plus they have plane tickets to I.F. for like $49! :o) Can't beat that!:o) I hope your move goes well! We have an Aunt (on my Fathers side) that lives down there and so we've been there a lot, I think it is a great place when you're away from the hussle and bustle of tourism.

Jenny Lynn said...

That is absolutely nutty!!! I am so happy for you guys. You are so blessed to find such a great job in this economy- thats amazing. Let us know if there is anything you need in the next week. We are going to miss you guys (well, we miss you now!) Have fun and good luck!

Jeff and Sarah Flint Family said...

Kami I am so excited to have you closer, now we will be able to see each other more...I am really excited for Eric, it is such a big honor to be given esp right after school. I wish I was there to help you pack and get all ready.

Erica Hanks said...

OH MY HECK! I am so excited for you guys, but sad to see you leave! I hope you LOVE this new adventure! At least I can read about it on your blog!

Hugs!

Bjarnson Family said...

Kami its going to be so sad that you are leaving but its going to be great. I sure hope all goes well for you and that you keep up on the blog so we know how things are going. Good luck with everything.

CeeJ said...

You know I'm going to miss you!!!
But what a great opportunity for you and Eric!

You know you're like a sister to me!! (or mother!!) ;)

And should things not work out here with my next roommate, you'd better believe I'm headed to Vegas to TIME-SHARE!!!!! ;)

Take care my friend!!! Love ya!!!

~ CJ =)

Larson's said...

we have to come see u... for real....

kim

Anonymous said...

you guys are gonna have so much fun with this new chapter in life. maybe we can all move back at once? Congrats on the promotion. it was fun to see you guys on web cam. love ya

Stan and Jamie said...

Congrats! The young women are going to miss you like crazy! Good luck with the move and getting all settled in!

Tami Ray said...

You should get into touch with Chris Bybee for good places to live. He has lived there for a long time. I used to want to live there, I like Vegas.